This week our special guest is the coveted underwriter Danny Randazzo! Join us as we discuss how to increase your returns with great underwriting.
Danny is a real estate investor, author, entrepreneur, mastermind host, national speaker, podcast host, volunteer with The First Tee and world traveler.
He retired from corporate America at age 30 after working as a financial consultant for over half a decade and building a real estate portfolio that generates monthly income to achieve financial freedom.
Today his company controls over $220,000,000 in real estate assets. When Danny is not investing in real estate you can find him walking with his wife Caitlin and dog George or playing competitive golf.
Understanding the underwriting and analyzing of multifamily apartment deals is vital to a successful return on your investment. If you’re a seasoned pro or just getting into investing, then this is a topic you simply can’t ignore or ever have enough knowledge on.
So join the conversation as we dive deep into this complex topic and provide you with free professional knowledge that you can use to nail this subject and become a successful investor.
- The basic philosophy of investing:
- Preserve capital and
- Buy cash flow producing assets for long term gain.
- When finding a deal look at the market itself and identify the fundamentals that you want from that specific market.
- Some key fundamentals to look for in a good deal are:
- The business plan
- The economic growth of the investment area
- Seller performance
- At this moment in time be conversative with your cost reduction estimates and general underwriting
- How to judge a market´s future performance: Look at market rent performance and sub market fundamentals reports that are available via brokers. This can tell you what rents will be like and what rental increases there are.
- Always have an underwriter on your team who can verify all the data and financials when analyzing a market or property.
- Stress test the deal. Look at return metrics like: vacancy & occupancy numbers, interest rate, expenses and exit cap.
- You could be saving money on the performance of your property by reducing costs on administrative expenses such as internet, cable and phone packages.
- You don’t have to know a mentor to benefit from their teachings or knowledge. Take and create your own inspiration.
First a Dream – Jim Clayton
Learn from the smartest minds in business & investing.
About The Show
What separates those who succeed from failures? Join thousands of listeners who learn the mindset of real estate investing and how to create multiple income streams. From busy professionals interested in passive investing or the real estate entrepreneurs who are primed to scale all come together to learn the mindset of creating financial and time freedom.
The Investor Mindset is a mix of interviews, and solo shows from Steven you’re not going to want to miss. Hit subscribe, and get ready to change your life.
The Investor Mindset Podcast & President VonFinch Capital
Steven Pesavento has always been obsessed with understanding how we can think better, how we can be better and how we can do better. He is an active real estate investor who curates Commercial Real Estate Investments for clients.
The Top 5 Lessons Learned From High Performing Real Estate Investors
I’ve interviewed almost 100 guests on The Investor Mindset Podcast. They all give their best advice. But what’s THE best advice, and what does it mean for us?