Last week we spoke about what type of person we want to look for in a hire and what tools we can use to find them. This week we’re following on from that and diving deeper into the actual hiring process. When we’ve placed an add on job sites, we want to think of this as a funnel, because this is where we’re going to have to eliminate the most candidates. After that we want to look at call screening and then follow that up with a video call or in person interview. What I like to then do is have a team member interview the candidate… just to make sure that the team fit is locked in. It’s absolutely vital that you have a strategy in place for the hiring process or it will most definitely be overwhelming, take up more time than it should… or you could end up with the wrong hire.
So join the Investor Mindset community by hitting subscribe and let us know down in the comments below what your recruitment process is.
- Make sure the job description is in total alignment with the person that we’re looking to hire.
- Take a look at the people in an already successful sales team and see what you need (or what you’re lacking) from their skill set.
- Think about the hiring process as a funnel and have a solid process of elimination.
- At the top of the funnel have everyone apply through a website such as Indeed or Monster. Then we can have them instantly complete a personality assessment such as DISC.
- The phone screening process is really important… especially in sales roles. This gives us an instant idea of if we want to continue to the next step or not.
- We need to ask some key questions during the short phone screening. Check the episode out to hear these in detail.
- If the fit is not right then move on quickly and end the call in a respectable way. You’re going to be talking to a lot of people!
- The final step in my process is an interview with someone from my team. This is important because it allows us to ascertain if they have the right team fit. My team members might also notice something that I missed.
The Passive Investing Playbook – https://theinvestormindset.com/passive
Join the MultiFamilyMBA and get exclusive free training: https://theinvestormindset.com/mfmba
Learn more about investing with Steven at https://theinvestormindset.com/invest
Learn from the smartest minds in business & investing.
About The Show
What separates those who succeed from failures? Join thousands of listeners who learn the mindset of real estate investing and how to create multiple income streams. From busy professionals interested in passive investing or the real estate entrepreneurs who are primed to scale all come together to learn the mindset of creating financial and time freedom.
The Investor Mindset is a mix of interviews, and solo shows from Steven you’re not going to want to miss. Hit subscribe, and get ready to change your life.
The Investor Mindset Podcast & President VonFinch Capital
Steven Pesavento has always been obsessed with understanding how we can think better, how we can be better and how we can do better. He is an active real estate investor who curates Commercial Real Estate Investments for clients.
The Top 5 Lessons Learned From High Performing Real Estate Investors
I’ve interviewed almost 100 guests on The Investor Mindset Podcast. They all give their best advice. But what’s THE best advice, and what does it mean for us?